Monday 20 October 2014

Altered art or just stirring!

Well this weekend I made an altered wooden spoon, this will be a birthday present for my nan next month who will be 84. She has everything that she wants and always likes my makes, I thought this would be something no-one else will get her.

I used a bog standard wooden spoon and dyed it with Peacock Feathers distress ink straight from the stamp pad using cut 'n' dry foam, it was then given a few coats of spray varnish to seal.

First I wrapped the handle with lace ribbon and the edge of the bowl of the spoon with light green organza ribbon in a ruffle effect. I made the flower using the Create and Craft free members gift from a few months back that was from Craftwork Cards.

The with love label came from a Hunkydory kit and is hot glued on with a button and a bow. I used satin ribbon on the back to form a loop for hanging and put a small butterfly topper on the back of the bowl of the spoon.


 
I also made a rosette pumpkin for a swap I'm doing but it is awful! The less said about that the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment