Monday 6 October 2014

Gaptastic cowl finished at last!

Well not much crafting from me this week as I've picked up a bout of lurgie that is doing the rounds at work.

I finished knitting up my Gaptastic cowl last week but had to wait for a sewing needle I bought to arrive to sew it up which I did on Sunday.



I am happy with it despite my miserable looking face, I put that down to the lurgie! The pattern is on Ravelry or if you're not a member it can be found here

My version is knit in James C Brett Marble Chunky in the grey colourway. I did not knit mine in the round as the thought of hundreds of stitches filled me with dread! So mine was knit flat with 48 stitches (I think). If I were to knit this again I think I would cast on less as its a bit wide.

Its a very monotonous knit, but something easily done watching the telly and does knit up quick in the chunky yarn. I ended up using a ball and a half for this knit. Its very warm and snugly!

No comments:

Post a Comment