Monday 13 October 2014

Still under the weather

Another slow crafting week for me, still under the weather from this flipping cold! I did manage to get a Christmas card done on Saturday. I was watching Phil Martin on Create and Craft TV and he was demonstrating his new stamp sets and made a half embossed card with his new bauble stamps. I like the idea so had a go with my own stash......love Phil's stamps but saving my pennies for the NEC next month! Here is my take on his card:


I stamped the stocking with clear ink then covered in primary red embossing powder.....note to self.....need more Christmas metallic embossing powder....... I then half embossed the card with my Spellbinders dotted embossing folder. I stamped the snowflakes on with Red Brick distress ink on the non embossed side. I added some dark red satin ribbon, the top of the stocking was coloured with a zig glue pen and white glitter added, this was then mounted and stuck on the card. For the sentiment I cut 2 mats and rounded the corners and added a peel off. I will need to get some Christmas sentiment stamps when I am at the NEC I think.

Most of Sunday was spent like this:


Curled up on the sofa, being lazy with Dobs!

No comments:

Post a Comment