Monday 15 September 2014

Fifty Shades of Sewing?.....Well No.......

So I cranked up the new Jones sewing machine and tested it to see if will do the shirring that I bought it for and I'm really please to say that it does and quite brilliantly to! However, sewing loads of straight lines is very boring so that soon got kicked to the curb and ill get back to it later. I'm about a third of the way down the bodice.

So what to do on a boring Sunday afternoon? I know try a rope the hubby in to a bit of crafting! How to do this, well break out the duck tape and expanding foam and create a body form! So I'd seen this on YouTube a bunch of times, this is a good video:

 
 
So we broke out the grey and pink tape and got taping! Covering me neck to bum in tape, yes excuse the hair, it was in need of a wash, lol.
 
 
 
 
It was then cut off and the back taped up and we put the first layer of expanding foam in it, we then ran out of foam! Off down to B&Q for 2 more cans. The is the body form pinned up drying.
 


It was then filled with more foam and stuffed with a few carrier bags from the supermarket. Before the foam set apiece of wood was inserted to form the stand.
 
 
 
 
Its a bit wonky in some places......well I'm not sure I'm that wonky but I can live with it. Not that all the foam has set I'll be measuring the bust, hips and waist to see if they are close enough to me. Anyway it was a fun afternoon none the less, if a bit silly!



No comments:

Post a Comment