Sunday 28 September 2014

Adventures in Coco

I have had the Coco top from Tilly Walnes on my to-do list since March! Well this weekend I finally got around to making it. I went to Birmingham's rag market for my fabric I love this place you can get everything and usually at bargain prices. I picked up 2 lots of stretch fabric for £1.50 per metre each! £9.00 for the 6 metres I bought, bargaintastic.


The grey, red and black fabric has a texture to it, I think you can just about make that out???? and the green and black spot is just flat. I thought I would have a crack with the grey fabric first.

I have purchased the pdf version of the pattern, this way I can print it and cut it out multiple times. I am constantly on a diet so my shape yo-yo's a bit. If I can get a pdf of a pattern I much prefer this to tissue paper. I don't mind the hassle of printing and sticking before I cut my pattern out.

I had already cut my pattern out a few days ago so I washed and dried both bundles of fabric. I lay the grey fabric on my cutting table aka, my living room floor! Oh how I dream of a big enough craft room for a cutting table.........



Pattern pinned and Dobbie is giving it an inspection and tells me to proceed.....very nice of him!


Here are my pieces cut out, again Dobs has to get in on the act. Now whilst I love the pattern on this fabric and also love the Coco pattern I am not a fan of cutting knit fabric as it has a tendency to move when you cut it so my cutting is not the best. I hope my wobbly lines can be sorted out in the making up.

I set about making up the Coco today (Sunday), the instructions are very easy to follow and Tilly has a sew-a-long on her blog here. I did not take any making up pictures, sorry for that but my sewing is not the neatest, something I need to practice on especially with knit fabric that wants to keep moving.

This was a lovely and simple pattern and I can recommend it for beginners and old hands alike. I can see many more Coco's to come. Here is my finished article teamed with black legging and my new brown winter boots. No dog this time! LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment