Saturday 20 September 2014

Pixscan Mat First Impressions.

I have to say I was very excited when I received my Pixscan mat. I had to order the one for the portrait as the one for the Cameo was out of stock everywhere!So this afternoon I grab my mat and a coffee and got cracking. I ended up a tad disappointed.

First, when I opened up Silhouette Studio no Pixscan icon. Searched for new update and it said "no update available", a quick Google sorted that and I downloaded the new software. Calibrated my Sony Z2 camera no problem it found it straight away, yay!!!! So I stamped 3 stamps in Stayzon ink on to plain white card (I am not the worlds greatest stamper)


I placed the card on the mat, I ended up having to cut down my paper to fit within the black border and took a photo with my phone and emailed it to myself and downloaded to my desktop. Selected import from file in the software, it took about a minute to import it but it found it no problems. You then follow the steps for a normal print and cut file, opening a trace and ensuring all the images are selected.

Once this was complete I sent it to the Silhouette adjusting the cut settings for the cardstock and the bar to accept the smaller mat. The Cameo automatically detected the registration makes and cut away but for some reason it looks like the detection was off as when the stamps were cut it was a little off....



So I decided to try a preprinted sheet from a book that I had as a free members gift from Create and Craft, photo'd, emailed, downloaded and imported no problem. This was the page



Now the problem stared when I traced, because the backing paper for this was textured the trace picked all of that up, no matter what I did I could not get just the pennants to trace. I got a tad fed up and turned it off as I had nothing on plain backing to have another go with. I think further research is required.

I think this will be an excellent bit of kit when I can get the hang of it. I am not a stamper as I hate cutting out so this will open up new avenues for me. 

On a brighter note I have made 2 new cards this week, both decoupaged and both have a mini envelope in them which contained money. The envelopes were made with the Envelope Board from We R Memory Keepers, excellent bit of kit!




Well that's all for now, I'm off Googling and YouTube-ing!


No comments:

Post a Comment